20 February 2014

Frozen

I've neglected this blog the past few months but I'm gonna try to be more on top of it.

Disney movies have always held a special place in my heart regarding morals.  The latest one, Frozen, has touched me remarkably.  Despite all the struggles in my past and present, the issues with my family of origin and my job and all...something my mother said clicked with a line from the soundtrack.

My mother asked why I always moved north...always....always to colder places with the ultimate goal of someday living in Alaska.  I said "I like cold weather, I dunno, you adapt to it.  I've always adapted."  She said "Yes, thats true....you are really good at adapting, no matter what life throws at you."

Then she got all silent.



Don't let them in, don't let them see,
Be the good girl you always had to be.
Conceal, don't feel, don't let them know.
Well, now they know.

Let it go, let it go
Can't hold it back anymore
Let it go, let it go
Turn my back and slam the door
And here I stand and here I'll stay
Let it go, let it go
The cold never bothered me anyway

It's funny how some distance makes everything seem small
And the fears that once controlled me can't get to me at all.
Up here in the cold thin air I finally can breathe.
I know I left a life behind but I'm too relieved to grieve.



No comments:

Post a Comment