28 January 2012

Infatuations

I used to wonder what the difference was between love, infatuation, respect, and worship. I say this because many have the same features. When we love someone, often we do things to, for, or with the person we might not do alone. Infatuation is sometimes seen as "puppy love", a sort of precursor that is somehow more intense but less serious than "love". Respect can be given in all sorts of ways, and worship varies based on the doctrine behind each.

Tonight I was standing in my kitchen, missing Master when I realized that I do these things. When I visited last, I made a note of his handsoap, his shampoo, bodywash, ect... I made notes of the things he liked to drink, not only so I could make them for him when I was around him, but also so I could make it for myself at home and remember how it tasted on his lips.

Tonight I was looking at the Chai tea I had bought. I have liked Chai prior to him, but I bought his brand, his mix...and as I inhaled the tea I tugged the chain around my neck and smiled. Surely on a cold night like tonight he would want a cup of tea, and some day I will be able to serve it to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment