27 September 2011

Owned

I waited a few days to post this because I wanted to let it sink in my brain. That, and I think there was a part of me that was worried it would just be a dream I'd wake up from.

After I posted on the 21st about receiving the tag, a few days later Sir messaged me to let me know he had updated his online profiles with me as his. It was a humbling experience to be sure...as I received the text in a grocery store. Using my web browser I logged into the site and there it was...and I just stood there in the middle of the dairy aisle smiling like a goofy idiot and trying not to get overly emotional. Sure, he had sent me the tag before and I knew he meant it, but to see such a public display made me proud and feel like I had a sense of purpose to uphold his honor. I don't say that flippantly either. It was a feeling that my actions now publicly reflected upon him, and I didn't want to do anything that might cast him in ill light.

The conference I went to was so so. I had fun dancing one of the nights but to be honest, the rest of the con was a big let down. I think a lot of it was that I really wanted to spend time with my roommate and maybe cuddle in bed. I talk about this with Sir a lot because although he is a poly person, I like to ask before I ever do anything at all. He is one of the only people who really understands my need for physical contact and emotional intimacy (I like authentic, deep discussions and being held, what can I say). Anyway, I should wrap this up and get to bed...got classes and work in the morning.

I hope I have a good dream. I have a lot to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment