14 October 2011

Jealousy and other thoughts

One of the books I have (“On Becoming a Slave” by Jack RInella) has a fantastic chapter in it written by his boy, Patrick regarding multiple partners, polyamory, and the nature of leather families and M/s relations. I wanted to reprint part of that here as a quote.

Sir told me, I believe, during our first phone call that (a) he had a lover, (b) he had a master, (c) they were not the same person, and (d) he was communicating ith an additional slave-applicant. In other words, it was possible that I’d be one of two slaves. That meant that I was the second to come along…I probably experienced a fleeting thought that I wouldn’t have him all to myself, but even then, I didn’t think in terms of his being mine. I was simply content with the idea of being his.

…Sir doesn’t belong to me. A slave belongs to the Master. The idea of being owned as property by a master is one of the primary reasons someone seeks slavery; so, it should follow that prospective slaves arnt seeking to own the relationship….The thought of him or her as “yours” can lead the way to possessiveness, which then leads to jealousy, which breaks down trust, which affects obedience, and so on.

I have a very strong mix of feeling with this paragraph. Here is why. I agree with part of it, the piece of belonging to the Master and that Master doesn’t “belong” to the slave. It’s not seeking to own the relationship. Where I guess I have conflicts is that I don’t think of him as “mine” in the extent that I control or own him…he is free to play with others, and in fact, does and has a husband. But I also love him, beyond a simple M/s dynamic. Some of the BDSM texts will refer to this as the "you want a boyfriend, not a Dom or Master" syndrome, but I don't see why one can't have both. In my opinion, the bond between a Master and his slave, a Master and his dog, or a Daddy and his boy SHOULD include love. How can it truly be 24/7 if it only exists when one of them has a hard on? I'm glad that love is there and is shared between us. I respect the authors feelings on this matter, but I feel this is one of those things we all have to discover for ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment